qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: [patch 2/7] qemu: separate thread for io

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: [patch 2/7] qemu: separate thread for io
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 06:17:24 -0500

Avi Kivity wrote:
Anthony Liguori wrote:
Before merging into QEMU, we should at least make sure that it's not going to create a nightmare for Avi :-)

While it's likely going to be bad, we shouldn't make too much effort in making the merge easy. We should aim to get the cleanest implementation in qemu, and then rework kvm-userspace to match that. That's the whole point of the merge, no?

The effort to make merging easy should be in kvm-userspace, not in qemu. Thinking through how it would integrate with kvm-userspace is a good exercise in determining whether all of the requirements are being met for KVM too.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Of course, if it happens to be easy I won't complain too much.