qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] ANNOUNCE: Release 0.10.1 of QEMU

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] ANNOUNCE: Release 0.10.1 of QEMU
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 16:20:14 -0500

Rob Landley wrote:
On Saturday 21 March 2009 18:25:23 Anthony Liguori wrote:
The QEMU team is pleased to announce the availability of the 0.10.1
release.  This is a stable release of the 0.10 tree and contains only
bug fixes since the 0.10.0.  The attached Changelog includes all of the
changes that have went in since 0.10.0.

It can be downloaded from Savannah at:

 http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/qemu/qemu-0.10.1.tar.gz

This doesn't include a fix powerpc -nographic (either by reverting to the previous openbios-ppc or by upgrading to current OpenBios svn):
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2009-03/msg01070.html

Nor does it include the fix for sh4 -append:
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2009-02/msg00727.html

Part of my criteria for committing to stable is pretty heavy testing of the actual patch. For areas I don't maintain, I'm not really setup to do the level of testing that would be required for stable.

I'd suggest that the original maintainers who commit the patches to trunk should be the ones to determine whether a patch should also go in stable.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Rob

P.S. Sorry I didn't get to respond to your friday message. My laptop's Ubuntu 8.10 decided to eat itself over the weekend (I hate selinux) and I just finished reinstalling last night...