qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Kernel core dumps from qemu

From: Paul Brook
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Kernel core dumps from qemu
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 00:32:33 +0000

> This looks useful.  I'd suggest a 'format' argument, so we can extend
> this later to dump in non-ELF formats (the Windows native memory dump
> format would be useful).

I'm not keen on having a plethora of different formats in qemu, especially if
they are proprietary or poorly documented.  As long as it's done properly it
should be straight forwarded to reconstruct everything else (vritual
addresses, other formats) with offline debug tools.

What you actually want to do is use the the existing snapshot/savevm
mechanism, and postprocess that into whatever format you want.

Paul