qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [6965] Implement and use shared memory framebuffer devi

From: Paul Brook
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [6965] Implement and use shared memory framebuffer device rendering reoutine.
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 22:33:06 +0000

> If we must use the map/unmap api for framebuffers (even though we know
> this memory is continuous in qemu) then we could map only the region
> we determined is dirty.

Maybe. In practice I doubt there's that much difference. In general we don't
actually know the memory is contiguous, though for well behaved guests with
current boards it probably is.  The proper solution is probably to replace
l1_phys_map with an extent bases system, so that map time is not proportional
to region size.

My main motivation for this patch is that it is the first step in eliminating
phys_ram_base.

Paul