qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Versatile PB Board Support for ARMv6 and ARMv7

From: Mark Miller
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Versatile PB Board Support for ARMv6 and ARMv7
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 22:37:25 -0500

(Apologies if this appeared twice for some. My mail client was misbehaving and sending HTML messages)

In late October 2008, according to the git logs, the methodology for selecting a processor on several boards, at least the Versatile PB board was changed so that it automatically selects CPU_ARM926T as a hidden symbol.

The reason I have a question, is since QEMU currently can emulate a Versatile PB board with other processors than just the ARM926T (Such as the ARM1136 (ARMv6) and Cortex-A8 (ARMv7), is there a good way to allow that in the mainstream kernel? Previously the patch was to just add extra potential dependencies on CPU_V6 and CPU_V7, so that by selecting MACH_VERSATILE_PB, you could select ARMv6/v7 support.

Currently I'm just deleting the select statement, and having all the CPUs appear, as no longer hidden symbols. My question is, what is the best way to allow for other processors for this board in Kconfig, so it could be submitted to the mainstream kernel?

--
Mark A. Miller
address@hidden