qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: start qemu failed with --enable-kvm -vga std

From: M. Warner Losh
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: start qemu failed with --enable-kvm -vga std
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 11:57:46 -0600 (MDT)

In message: <address@hidden>
            Glauber Costa <address@hidden> writes:
: On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 2:39 PM, M. Warner Losh <address@hidden> wrote:
: > In message: <address@hidden>
: >            Glauber Costa <address@hidden> writes:
: > : In all seriousness, no matter how good your series for improving kvm
: > : registration
: > : are, it is unlikely to hit the stable branch. So I believe a good deal
: > : would have something
: > : on the line of this patch applied to stable, leaving unstable as is,
: > : until we can find a better
: > : solution.
: >
: > Huh?  It is unlikely to be merged into stable, so let's commit it to
: > stable?
: Yes. It is a kohan, and whenever you understand it, you'll reach
: enlightment. So I won't
: explain that to you ;-)

I am the tree that falls in the forrest, if I'm deaf, do I still make
a sound?

: I meant that Jan's forthcoming series that heavily touch kvm memory
: registration (the beautiful way)
: is unlikely to get into stable. So I'd advocate applying this patch
: (the said ugly way) to stable.
: Otherwise we'll get -vga std broken for good.

OK.  That makes sense...

Warner