qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Firewire/IEEE1394 OHCI for QEMU

From: Peter McCormick
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Firewire/IEEE1394 OHCI for QEMU
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 17:50:34 -0400

Hello all,

I'm working to create an OHCI-compliant Firewire virtual device for QEMU. There is not a solid story on how to connect the guest device to the host operating systems' Firewire stack, but I might end up modifying the Linux ohci1394 kernel module to allow for a more generic passthru interface (for those familiar with krh's "nosy" sniffer, something in that direction, albeit with the OHCI no-snoop-mode limitations.)

http://github.com/pmccormick/qemu-firewire-ohci/tree/ohci1394
(it is forked from of git://repo.or.cz/qemu.git, which I periodically rebase off of)

At the moment I am still very early on in the implementation, not even DMA contexts for async/iso are functional yet. But I have been inching along getting Windows XP and Linux guests to recognize the presence of an OHCI device.

If anyone has experience with this stuff, or an interest to help, please get in touch!!

Cheers,
Peter