qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [OpenBIOS] QEMU OpenBIOS booting?

From: M. Warner Losh
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [OpenBIOS] QEMU OpenBIOS booting?
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 11:47:24 -0600 (MDT)

In message: <address@hidden>
            Steven Noonan <address@hidden> writes:
: I eventually decided it made more
: sense to get QEMU working instead. I did notice that the pre-OpenBIOS
: version of QEMU was able to boot Mac OS X via Open Hack'Ware, so I was
: annoyed to find that OpenBIOS didn't have such support. So, I might as
: well add it.

Open Hackware was barely enough to boot older versions of Linux.
Other operating systems that needed more extensive properties from the
OpenFirmware device tree failed to boot because they weren't present.
I was involved in a large effort to get FreeBSD/powerpc booting on
QEMU only to have it fail utterly because the amount of hacking on
OpenHackWare needed was rather large and mysterious...

Warner