qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] resetting a stale VNC connection

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] resetting a stale VNC connection
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 21:38:10 +0300

David Ahern wrote:
This patch enables TCP keepalives on VNC connections. After 60-seconds
of idle time, probes are sent every 2 seconds with the connection
resetting after 4 failed probes. This might be a rather aggressive
setting -- 8 seconds until connection is reset.

I think you are right, it's too aggressive. Maybe reduce it so it takes a minute until we give up.

Also, I believe this is a linux-specific way of doing this; not sure
what the posix/windows method is. Open to suggestions.

At the very least, you need to wrap this in a #if defined(...) && defined (...) ... so it doesn't break compilation on hosts that don't support those socket options.

--
Do not meddle in the internals of kernels, for they are subtle and quick to
panic.