qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Switching to git

From: Jamie Lokier
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Switching to git
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 19:09:33 +0100

Andreas Färber wrote:
> Unfortunately tools like git-send-email make me loose information
> instead, by not saving the sent patches in my mail client's or IMAP
> server's Sent Mail folder...

This can be done.  Looking briefly at git-send-email's man page, The
--bcc= option (which can be put in a config file) could be used to
send yourself copies on a special address
("address@hidden") which you store in your sent folder
using a procmail filter or similar.  That's the most versatile option
- it should work with any mail system which has filtering rules.

Or you could use the --smtp-server= option to send the mail via a
script of your choice which stores a copy.  I wouldn't be surprised if
the script could just run "mutt -H" to send the mail in a usual way.

-- Jamie