qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] My serial can't access Windows Guest

From: Xia, Wayne
Subject: [Qemu-devel] My serial can't access Windows Guest
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 17:05:28 +0800

Hi,

         Currently I have one problem as follows:

         I can’t access windows XP guest’s COM1 through Linux host’s serial (Here we use QEMU version 0.9.1 and Linux 2.6.26 kernel).

         According to QEMU’s guide,

-serial dev

Redirect the virtual serial port to host character device dev. The default device is vc in graphical mode and stdio in non graphical mode.

/dev/XXX

[Linux only] Use host tty, e.g. ‘/dev/ttyS0’. The host serial port parameters are set according to the emulated ones.

So I boot the guest with “-serial /dev/ttyS0” added, but unfortunately I can’t access guest.

         Does anybody know what’s wrong?

Thanks