qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [7234] Use a more natural order

From: Lennart Sorensen
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [7234] Use a more natural order
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 15:10:40 -0400

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 10:01:43PM +0300, Blue Swirl wrote:
> True, but it's not the style that is used here. You are of course free
> to argue for using this version and even submit patches.

I didn't check if it is covered by the codestyle or not for qemu.

If your patch comment had said "Fix to follow code style" rather than
"make natural order" I wouldn't have said anything.  Natural order in
this case is a bad reason for the change.  Following code style is a
good reason (even if the code style may then be questionable).

If the code style doesn't cover it at all, I would say the change is
horrible and shouldn't be done at all.  The change even caused a compile
failure briefly (and hence breaks git bisect) by being commited completely
untested I suspect.  If it didn't cause a compile failure it at least
should have caused a serious warning.

> We humans also tend to use base 10 arithmetic and infix notation
> despite their well known shortcomings.

Well only a small part of humans still use broken date formats.  We do
still seem to be atracted to base 10 though.  And of course our time
measuring system is just weird.

--
Len Sorensen