qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Segmentation fault with -net socket in 0.10.2.

From: Rob Landley
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Segmentation fault with -net socket in 0.10.2.
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 00:09:57 -0500

When I add this to the qemu command line:

  -net socket,listen=127.0.0.1:1234,connect=:22

It goes "Segmentation fault" immediately instead of booting.

How to reproduce this yourself:

1) Grab a prebuilt arm system image from
http://impactlinux.com/fwl/downloads/binaries/system-image/system-image-armv4l.tar.bz2

2) Try the following command line, which should boot you to a command prompt,
and is just to prove it's working. Type "exit" to get back out:

qemu-system-arm -M versatilepb -nographic -no-reboot -kernel \
  zImage-armv4l -hda image-armv4l.ext2 -append "root=/dev/sda rw \
  init=/usr/sbin/init.sh panic=1 PATH=/usr/bin console=ttyAMA0" -net \
  nic,model=rtl8139 -net user

3) Add the -net socket bit to the end of that command line and run it again.
It should segfault immediately.

I don't think this is specific to arm, that's just what I tested with.

Any clues what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Rob