qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] REMINDER: QEMU SVN => GIT switch today at 5pm CST

From: François Revol
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] REMINDER: QEMU SVN => GIT switch today at 5pm CST
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 05:08:01 +0200 CEST

> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 07:18:00PM +0200, Fran??ois Revol wrote:
> > At least hg was easy to port to BeOS (still had to change some
> > lines
> > due to people using #!/usr/bin/env python to locate python and just
> > moving the issue to env itself...)
> > Still I don't like much those hashes around, and I always need to
> > dig
> > the gitweb 10min just to get to the source tree...
>
> No, you check it out using git.  Why ever would you use gitweb to get
> a source tree?  That's just nuts.  Gitweb is a viewing tool, it is
> not
> a place to actually checkout from.

No I do mean when browsing it just to get to a specific file.
With svnweb I just click on trunk and I get the whole tree for HEAD.
with gitweb I need like 3 clicks and I always get it wrong until I
finally get the tree for tip.

Btw, I think your From field violates the RFC, and you mutilated my
cedilla :p

François.