qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] branch and tag names

From: M. Warner Losh
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] branch and tag names
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 14:05:16 -0600 (MDT)

In message: <address@hidden>
            Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> writes:
: Avi Kivity wrote:
: > Currently, tags and branch names carry their cvs heritage:
: >
: >  release_0_10_0
: >  stable_0_10
:
: And I even renamed them to make them less unslightly :-)  They were
: something like svn/tags/release_0_10_0.
:
: > These are unsightly.  Can we move to
: >
: >  v0.10.0
: >  stable/0.10
:
: v0.10.0 as a tag looks good to me.
:
: stable/0.10 feels a little awkward.  I never have gotten quite used to
: this style of tagging (using file-like hierarchies).
:
: I'm not super opinionated about it either way.  I'm interested to see
: what other people think.

stable/0.10 matches what many other projects do in this respect.  In
fact, others do it in svn too rather than the really long names that
we used to have here.

But this is just a report on what's done elsewhere.  I too am only
mildly interested in the names here...

Warner