qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] branch and tag names

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] branch and tag names
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 22:10:31 +0200

Am 26.04.2009 um 21:49 schrieb Anthony Liguori:

Avi Kivity wrote:
Can we move to

v0.10.0
stable/0.10

v0.10.0 as a tag looks good to me.

stable/0.10 feels a little awkward. I never have gotten quite used to this style of tagging (using file-like hierarchies).

I'm not super opinionated about it either way. I'm interested to see what other people think.

+1 for v0.10.2

I don't see the point of having stable/0.10 though. Why do we need multiple stable? stable will be branched as v0.10.x, then after the last 0.10.x release, stable can be hard-reset to master and branched as v0.11.x when ready, and so on.

Btw, any plans of doing a pick-up branch now?

Andreas