qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] How to change the PCI bus number for a devcie?

From: Jiang Wang
Subject: [Qemu-devel] How to change the PCI bus number for a devcie?
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 23:40:20 -0400

Hi:

I find that all the pci device in QEMU is under the PCI bus 00. I want
to change one device (like rtl8139 nic) to appear in a different bus
number, such as 02. Is that possible? How? The target will be i386
and/or x86_64.

I noticed that there is one email  about changing the function number
as follows:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2009-01/msg01480.html

But I want to change the bus number. For example, using some config
file or command line options. If there is no such patch, is it
difficult to modify the source code ?

Thanks.

Jiang