qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] A Couple Of Questions Regarding QEMU

From: Leo B
Subject: [Qemu-devel] A Couple Of Questions Regarding QEMU
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 16:17:47 -0400

Hi I have a a couple of questions regarding Qemu

1.Does Qemu run 286 Guests yes I know this question has been answered but for the sake of having complete emulation of all processors and proper support of all Microsoft Windows Guests OS should this processor also be added to qemu.

2. I see in the supported guest os that Windows 1.01 is marked Yellow is this because Qemu doesn't have 286 processor emulation or is it something else.

3.I am really intrested in running Classic Mac OS On X86 In Qemu what is the satus report on this support,In another post on the Mailing list someone said that all of the powerpc processors were already converted to use OpenBios so shouldn't we be already be able to run classic Mac OS in one of the near future releases of Qemu.

3.In the future do you think we can have a patch that allows Power PC  Emulation to use Intel VT Or AMD VT extensions to speed it up a little kind of like a Power PC VM on X86 is this even possible.

4.What is the status of Microsoft Windows 98 running in Qemu I searched the mailing list and found out that certain parts of Microsoft Windows 98 were not accelerated is this still the case with recent qemu releases.

5. I know this is some progress in other products to get graphics acceleration in Windows Guests OS but they seem only intrested in getting Direct X/OpenGL Support On Microsoft Windows XP and onword,Is there some kind of limitiation that won't let them support Direct X /OpenGL in a Windows 98 guest though virtulization. I hope Qemu can support this in the future. Can NVidia SLI Multi-OS Support in Qemu solve this limitation or is it a driver issue.

6.Last Question will there be any speed advantage from porting Qemu to run on a GPGPU or a X86 GPU such as Intel Larrabee.