qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Logging instructions in single step mode

From: Mulyadi Santosa
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Logging instructions in single step mode
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 11:26:33 +0700

Hi Remco...

It's been awhile since I did brief pre-TCG qemu code analysis, but
here's my thought...

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 2:39 AM, Remco Vermeulen <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm currently working on modification where I would like to log the
> instructions executed when the cpu is in single step mode. Since the
> current_tb is null, probably because the cpu is in single step mode I can't
> use that tb.
> I could access the memory pointed to by the instruction pointer, but I don't
> know the length of the instruction.

How about checking disas_insn() in target-i386/translate.c ? I think
no matter what the current mode is (non single step or not), in some
ways this function should be called.

About checking the length of the instruction, i can not give too many
thoughts here. However, in the same function, probably you can mimic
how Qemu does code analysis.

regards,

Mulyadi.