qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] New device API

From: Paul Brook
Subject: [Qemu-devel] New device API
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 22:39:18 +0100

I've just pushed out changes implementing a new device API.

This is based on my previous RFC[1], but with a few changes. The main one
being increased used of proxies/wrappers to implement common bus
functionality. For example there are frameworks for PCI, "ISA"[1] and I2C
devices all built on top of a common core.

There's a fair amount still needs to be converted, but I'm reasonably happy
that it is headed in the right direction. Hopefully most of it should be fairly self-explanatory.

Next up is actual config driven machine creation.

Paul

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2009-05/msg00210.html
[2] In this context ISA == any device connected to the main cpu/system bus.