qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Audio problem

From: Consul
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Audio problem
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 19:13:20 -0700

Hello,

With the current qemu I experience strange audio problem with some
configurations
of Windows XP guests running on Windows XP hosts. When playing anything,
it sounds rather like a clock ticking than a familiar logon sound.
Interestingly,
this happens only if I have enabled a network adapter, no matter if it is
ne2k_pci
or rtl8139. The sound hardware doesn't matter either, but if I choose net=none,
the sound magically returns to normal.

Today I actually tried to pinpoint when this problem appeared first, but the
only thing
I found is that the last commit which plays the sounds well while the network
is enabled
is this one: 023f3329d87a6203d03a0e9ccb948772940da96. It looks like this commit
has nothing
to do with audio, but since then I couldn't find any commit that would work.
There were some commits after that when the sound didn't play at all, but when
it did,
the sound was always choppy. I don't think the above mentioned commit caused
the actual
problem, but rather exposed another bug which is still there.

Any hints?

Qemu is compiled with these flags
./configure --target-list='i386-softmmu' --static --prefix='/c/qemu-dist'
--audio-drv-list="dsound"