qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Do we need CONFIG_AIO?

From: Samuel Thibault
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Do we need CONFIG_AIO?
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 14:58:52 +0200

Christoph Hellwig, le Mon 25 May 2009 14:29:29 +0200, a écrit :
> On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 12:49:08PM +0100, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
> > > Is there any Posix-ish platform qemu supports that does not have
> > > pthreads support?
> > >

> > MiniOS.
> > I would appreciate if you keep that flag.
>
> I can't find MiniOS mentioned anywhere in the qemu tree.  From googling
> around it seems to be some Xen demo kernel.  Do you plan to merge
> support for it one day?  And what's the use case for qemu on MiniOS?
> If it's anything performance sensitive the lack of aio will cause quite
> severe stalling of the guest.

qemu on MiniOS is used to provide efficient full virtualisation, so yes
it's performance sensitive, but for performances we use a block-vbd
interface. Keeping the block-posix interface for non-performance
critical resources that can not go through vbd is still important, so we
need to be able to compile it.

Samuel