qemu-devel

Re: autotest (was Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [Qemu-commits] [COMMIT f80f9ec] C

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: autotest (was Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [Qemu-commits] [COMMIT f80f9ec] Convert machine registration to use module initfunctions)
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 03:10:48 -0500

Avi Kivity wrote:
Anthony Liguori wrote:
Autotest doesn't currently test the regressions that I want to test.

Which regressions do you want to test?

For instance, we often have networking regressions. In particular, with the refactoring going on in slirp and tun/tap, I'd really like to have an automated way to test slirp and tap with TCP transmit/receive, and slirp redir. I have something locally to do this that I intend on posting in the next few days.

One way to increase coverage is to require each patch (fix or feature) to come with a test. On the other hand, it might stop contributions instead of increasing test coverage.

I've used this method for the x86 emulator in kvm, with some success.

I wouldn't require kvm-autotest, but I'd like to have an interest set of unit tests that are then usable within kvm-autotest. Once we have that, asking politely for tests to be written I think is quite reasonable.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori