qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Windows runtime error

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Windows runtime error
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 17:39:31 -0500

Avi Kivity wrote:
Blue Swirl wrote:
I disagree, whole-archive should only be used very sparingly,
basically for the block/* stuff only. Otherwise most emulators will be
linked with a lot of unnecessary objects files from the archives that
will never be used on that platform.

I think even for block/* we should not use whole archive. Specifying the full list of objects, or perhaps a partially linked object is much cleaner.

I'm not opposed to this. I don't see a lot of advantages to using a static library.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori