qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Networking patches queue

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Networking patches queue
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 10:28:52 -0500

Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hi Anthony,
>
> Recently, Jan has posted 11 networking patches and I've posted 17, so I
> thought I'd push out a tree with these queued up. Perhaps you want to
> pull from there?
>
> Some notes:
>
>    - I've taken the first 6 of Jan's patches, but left 7-11 for now; see
>      the review comments I just posted. I expect Jan will be able to
>      fix them up fairly quickly

If the first 6 patches of Jan's series are ready to apply, wouldn't it
make sense for him to submit that as a separate series?  In the very
least, I'd like an Ack from Jan before applying his series partially.

>    - I've tried my best to fix up the param checking saga by reverting
>      Kevin's patch, going with Jan's rollback to something closer to
>      what was there originally and applying a small fixup patch
>
>    - Not all of these patches are completely isolated to networking
>      code - e.g. the fork_exec() patch adds a SIGCHLD handler
>
>    - I haven't reviewed the slirp changes in great detail, but they
>      look okay at a glance

I just got the tail end of your series before heading off on travel on
Friday.  It still needs review and testing.

Of course, if a patches series included test cases for the functionality
it was implementing, it would certainly go a far way into reducing the
amount of time it took to test those patches :-)

Regards,

Anthony Liguori