qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Connecting two tap interfaces to one qemu instance

From: Jedrzej Kalinowski
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Connecting two tap interfaces to one qemu instance
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 22:23:31 +0200

Hello,

I've found a problem when trying to run one qemu instance with two tap
devices connected to a bridge.

I mean a commandline like this:
qemu -net nic -net tap -net nic -net tap ...

After a short time (in seconds, rather than minutes, depends on the
machine I'm runnig qemu) my network gets flooded with packets - mostly
arp requests gathered from all over the network and replicated.

What's interesting there is no problem with running two or more qemu
instances, when giving each one a tap device and connecting all of them
to the same bridge - everything works fine then.

The issue appears on qemu 0.10.5 stable both in FreeBSD and Linux
environment.

Have any of you tried to use two tap devices in one qemu instance? Any
luck?

Any information would be greatly appreciated,
Jedrzej Kalinowski