qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Networking patches queue

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Networking patches queue
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 15:26:20 -0500

Mark McLoughlin wrote:

>>  I would
>> have no problems to route my networking related stuff through one
>> coordinating tree, e.g. yours. Besides getting my current queue flushed
>> I still have
>>
>>  o rework of host_net_redir (requires coordination with Glauber)
>>  o multi-instance slirp
>>
>> on my agenda. And maybe more will comes once this is rolled out.
>>

> Cool. We'll see how it goes. Unless Anthony is actually pulling from
> this tree, it's only useful when we have a bunch of inter-dependant
> queued patches.

I'm always happy to pull from trees.  As long as patches have gone to
the list, it no additional work on my part.  If we have a robust test
suite in tree, then trees become very useful in distributing the load.
Without a good test suite, I have to do a lot of manual tests which
slows down the process.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori