qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Thanx for the kqemu patches; some notes about NetBSD/Op

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Thanx for the kqemu patches; some notes about NetBSD/OpenBSD guests
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 11:29:28 +0200

Hi Jürgen,

Am 30.05.2009 um 22:51 schrieb Juergen Lock:

I just committed Jan's kqemu patch series to the FreeBSD kqemu port
(yes FreeBSD is another one of those `left behind' OSes where kvm
doesn't really work yet...) - and I also committed an old NetBSD/ OpenBSD
guest kqemu patch,
        http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2007-11/msg00125.html
and then played with a NetBSD guest in qemu 0.10.5 a little, where I
found out a few things:

1. A few times I even got NetBSD 5.0/i386 running with -kernel-kqemu now,
tho a few other times I also got guest processes segfaulting etc.
`Regualr' kqemu seems stable now tho.

Thanks for the pointer. I've pushed it to a pick-up branch for now to facilitate testing. Did you test non-BSD guests, too?

I noticed that Adrian has patches for OpenBSD host support in their ports CVS repository, as pointed out by Mikolaj. There appears to be some FreeBSD code in-tree though - so, is the above patch the only one you've queued, or do you have host patches as well that we could push "upstream"?

Regards,
Andreas