qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Killing KQEMU

From: Anton D Kachalov
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Killing KQEMU
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 13:26:27 +0400

On 02.06.2009 07:52, Chris Frey wrote:
Hi,

I feel that I should post here, for the simple reason that most QEMU
users likely don't read this list, and have no idea that developers are
striving to kill off a valued feature.
[...]

Chris,

I may suggest you to switch to VirtualBox / VirtualBox OSE that has more features (comparable to VmWare) if you're interested to use QEMU just to run some kind of OS. It's much faster than QEMU + kqemu. And more over, it's stable. Sometimes I have software fails (segfaults in Java JIT) with QEMU+kqemu, but VBox drives well.

If you're HW/FW developer, you doesn't need kqemu at all.

Rgds,
Anton