qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Enable Werrror by default

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Enable Werrror by default
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 17:18:27 +0200

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 2:35 PM, Paul Brook <address@hidden> wrote:
I'd like to enable Werror by default. I've been using --enable-werror locally
for a while now, and it's been extremely useful in picking up dumb errors
(like the recent stellaris_enet.c breakage).

Any objections?

I would recommend only making this the default for linux-x86 and linux-x86_64 hosts,

My experience is that it is extremely unlikely that codes that compiles warning-free on Linux
will do the same on Windows or Darwin. Even changing compiler versions can result in
very surprising things.