qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Enable Werrror by default

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Enable Werrror by default
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 15:03:42 -0500

Mark McLoughlin wrote:
On Thu, 2009-06-11 at 13:30 -0500, Anthony Liguori wrote:

How about the following? It currently only enables werror for Linux hosts and git builds.

+# Consult white-list to determine whether to enable werror
+# by default.  Only enable by default for git builds
+if test -z "$werror" ; then
+    z_version=`cut -f3 -d. $source_path/VERSION`
+    if test "$z_version" = "50" -a \

Looks good, except this will enable it in kvm-XX releases, and not in
future stable branches.

My main requirement is that I don't have to change anything when making a tarball release.

kvm releases carry a KVM_VERSION file that could be used to disable werror.

It's a good point about the stable branch though. I don't know the best way to deal with that. Disabling werror more than we could is certainly better than enabling it more than we should though.

How about just 'test -d $source_path/.git/' ?

Makes me a little nervous to add git-knowledge to configure.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Cheers,
Mark.