qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Live migration broken when under heavy IO

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Live migration broken when under heavy IO
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 07:50:12 -0500

Avi Kivity wrote:
Does anyone have a clever idea how to fix this without just waiting for all IO requests to complete?

What's wrong with waiting for requests to complete? It should take a few tens of milliseconds.

An alternative would be to attempt to cancel the requests. This incurs no non-deterministic latency.

The tricky bit is that this has to happen at the device layer because the opaques cannot be saved in a meaningful way.

We could start throttling requests late in the live stage, but I don't really see the point.

Isn't virtio migration currently broken due to the qdev changes?

--
Regards,

Anthony Liguori