qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Live migration broken when under heavy IO

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Live migration broken when under heavy IO
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 07:57:21 -0500

Avi Kivity wrote:
Yes, that's even better (though without linux-aio, it's equivalent).

Not absolutely equivalent. There many be queued requests that haven't yet been dispatched to the thread pool, but yeah, I understand what you mean.

The tricky bit is that this has to happen at the device layer because the opaques cannot be saved in a meaningful way.

Do you mean the device has to record all cancelled requests and replay them? I think we can do it at the block layer (though we have to avoid it for nested requests).

In order to complete the requests, you have to call a callback and pass an opaque with the results. The callback/opaque cannot be saved in the block layer in a meaningful way.

--
Regards,

Anthony Liguori