qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] linux-user and signal handling

From: Rtp
Subject: [Qemu-devel] linux-user and signal handling
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 13:56:35 +0200

Hi,

When doing some ltp syscall testing with arm-linux-user, some tests are
failing with messages like that :

qemu: uncaught target signal 6 (Aborted) - core dumped
        Child did not return core bit set!
          iteration 0, exit stat = 0x6
        Core = 0, sig = 6, ex = 0
abort01     1  FAIL  :  Test failed

Before, the tests were fine. The output was:

qemu: uncaught target signal 6 (Aborted) - exiting
qemu: uncaught target signal 6 (Aborted) - exiting
qemu: uncaught target signal 6 (Aborted) - exiting
abort01     1  PASS  :  Test passed

I've not tested with other targets but I fear that x86 should have same
trouble. From looking at the commits, I would say it's due to commit
edf8e2af1453ce56c72b2f25a745e3734177a05d. I didn't try to revert it so
it's like a shot in the dark.

Has someone an idea how to fix the problem ?

thanks,
Arnaud