qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] POLL: Support for instrumentation?

From: Luis Useche
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] POLL: Support for instrumentation?
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 12:00:30 -0400

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 05:54:02PM +0300, Sami Kiminki wrote:
> We are considering doing some work on instrumentation support for QEMU.
> But before rushing into implementation, I wonder if there is more
> general interest in this subject, and if so, what kind of
> instrumentation would you like to see?

I have been trying to instrument qemu code to get the traces of memory
accesses. I have seen several threads in this mail list talking about this
topic so probably it will be well received.

Bochs provides an instrumentation utility that you can probably look to
get some ideas.

Best,
--
Luis Useche <address@hidden>