qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] kqemu poll results

From: Christian Laursen
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] kqemu poll results
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 19:42:58 +0200

Filip Navara wrote:
On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 9:23 PM, Christian Laursen <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    Anthony Liguori wrote:

        http://www.micropoll.com/akira/mpresult/604126-172373

        Surprisingly, BSD host seems to be a dominating factor.

    Until a few days ago, qemu+kqemu was the only practical way to run a
    virtual machine on FreeBSD. Virtualbox has just been committed to
    ports and a number of users will probably switch to using that now.

    Personally I would prefer qemu+kvm if there was a FreeBSD port of
    kvm. I probably lack both the time and skills to help with that. :(

http://feanor.sssup.it/~fabio/freebsd/lkvm/

As far as I can tell this is pretty far from being usable. It was not complete at the end of SoC and was not imported to either the src tree or as a port and has thus not been maintained since then.

Does anyone know if it has bitrotted too much to serve as a starting point for a working port?

--
Christian Laursen