qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] PXA2xx LCD vs. dedicated framebuffer

From: Thierry Reding
Subject: [Qemu-devel] PXA2xx LCD vs. dedicated framebuffer
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 12:04:12 +0200

I'm working on adding support to QEMU for some of the boards that the company
I work for develops. The boards have a PXA270 and an FPGA to implement
additional functionality, such as a dedicated graphics controller. The
problem I'm facing now is that whenever the dedicated graphics controller is
initialized in QEMU it registers as a secondary DisplayState because the
PXA2xx LCD is already present.

Is there a way to make QEMU ignore the PXA2xx LCD or prefer the dedicated
controller as primary DisplayState? The only way I could find was to comment
out the PXA2xx LCD initialization or patch the sources to disable the LCD
using a flag during PXA2xx setup.

Thierry