qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] nic driver adaptation

From: Filka Michal
Subject: [Qemu-devel] nic driver adaptation
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 10:26:25 +0200

Hi,

I try to run a little exotic operating system (pharlap) in QEMU. I'm
able to manage it run in QEMU 0.10.5. Problem is that I'm not able to
run NIC successfully.

I have working driver for i8255x and NE2000 cards which works when
running pharlap alone. However, when I try to load them in QEMU
emulation it raises runtime error - problem occurs when the driver tries
to write some info into device's memory mapped registers (accessing PCI
space). In summary I'm able to read PCI info (e.g. read available
devices, query PCI BIOS according Device/Vendor ID, ...), but I'm not
able to write to (configure) pci devices.

Can anyone give me any guide to modifications required to get the driver
working?

Thanks
Michal Filka