qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] the qemu-iotests test suite is now available

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] the qemu-iotests test suite is now available
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 11:16:21 +0200

Christoph Hellwig schrieb:
> I've now uploaded the qemu-iotests suite which exercises the I/O
> path using qemu-img, qemu-io and basic qemu use without a guest.
>
> It's available from my personal kernel.org area at:
>
>       git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/hch/qemu-iotests.git
>
> with gitweb at
>
>       http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/hch/qemu-iotests.git
>
> To run it simply do a ./check (defaults to raw format) or ./check
> -qcow2.
>
> Thanks to Kevin Wolf for sharing his qcow2 test script which make up
> the most interesting scripts in the test suite, and for SGI for beeing
> able to re-use the xfsqa test driver.

Great to see this. Seems I can bury my ad-hoc script soon. :-)

About the qcow2 tests there is one thing to note: These test cases use
hard coded offsets which were calculated for 4k clusters. For 64k
clusters (which the default now) I'm almost sure they don't test the
critical points any more. So we'll need to change offsets dynamically
depending on the cluster size of the qcow2 image.

Kevin