qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] virtio-serial: A guest <-> host interface for simple co

From: Amit Shah
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] virtio-serial: A guest <-> host interface for simple communication
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 18:30:23 +0530

On (Tue) Jun 23 2009 [13:55:52], Paul Brook wrote:
> > Here are two patches. One implements a virtio-serial device in qemu
> > and the other is the driver for a guest kernel.
>
> So I'll ask again. Why is this separate from virtio-console?

I'm basically writing a vmchannel and found out that a lot can be shared
between some virtio devices. So I'm just trying to abstract out those
things in virtio-serial. Once we're sure virtio-serial is good and ready
to be merged, I will look at converting over virtio-console to the
virtio-serial interface.

Is that an acceptable approach?

Thanks,
                Amit