qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] the qemu-iotests test suite is now available

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] the qemu-iotests test suite is now available
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 11:12:06 +0200

Christoph Hellwig schrieb:
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 11:03:39AM -0500, Anthony Liguori wrote:
>> The only thing that would be nice to have is the ability to point it at
>> a build directory.  Setting PATH isn't enough because it expects a qemu
>> executable whereas my build directory has a qemu-system-x86_64 executable.
>
> Now that you remember it I remember the qemu-system-x86_64 problem.  I
> think we can try the various qemu-system-$foo binaries instead.

And the qemu-system-x86_64 binary is even in a subdirectory whereas
qemu-img and qemu-io are in the parent directory. Which would require me
to add two directories to PATH.

>> Why does it need to run qemu?  Shouldn't qemu-io/qemu-img be enough?
>
> Test 007 uses the savevm command in the qemu monitor.  I suspect we
> could appromiate it whith the snapshot commands in qemu-img, but
> touching existing testcases is pretty nasty.

It's not enough. qemu-img snapshot -c doesn't save a VM state which is
an important test case. It should be doing unusual things like writing
past the end of the virtual hard disk and possibly growing the L1 table
when doing so.

Kevin