qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Running Hyper-V or ESXi in QEMU?

From: Jiang Wang
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Running Hyper-V or ESXi in QEMU?
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 17:59:57 -0400

Hi:
I have installed Xen in a QEMU VM. I also want to install Hyper-V
and/or VMware ESXi in QEMU VM. Is it supported or not? I find a patch
about this, following is the link:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2009-01/msg01831.html
But I have tried to use qemu 0.10.2 to install ESXi and qemu 0.10.5 to
install hyper-V. Both of them failed. Hyper-V always BSOD just after
choosing the language. And ESXi complains that it runs in a QEMU VM.
The host is CentOS 5.3 with 64bit version. The real CPU also has VT
support .

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Regards,

Jiang