qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Planning for the 0.11.0 release

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Planning for the 0.11.0 release
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 08:32:00 -0500

Mark McLoughlin wrote:
Hi Anthony,

On Mon, 2009-06-22 at 18:57 -0500, Anthony Liguori wrote:
Hi,

It's getting to be about the time to start thinking about the 0.11.0 release. 0.10.0 was released on March 2nd so following with the 6 month release cycle, that would put 0.11.0 at September 2nd.

Based on the experiences with the stable releases, here's what I'd recommend:

 o On July 15th, fork master -> stable-0.11

Are you still planning on creating the 0.11 branch next week?

That's the plan although I need to make sure that all outstanding patches have been given adequate review before hand. I want to give any patch that has been posted so far a reasonable chance to make it into 0.11. If I can get through the backlog today, then we'll stay on schedule. Either way, there will be plenty of warning on the ML and opportunity for people to make suggestions.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Cheers,
Mark.