qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Planning for the 0.11.0 release

From: Paul Brook
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Planning for the 0.11.0 release
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 18:40:54 +0100

> Right, that part I'm okay with.  But the vCont based gdb model presumes
> a unified address space which while usually true for kernel address
> spaces, isn't universally true and certainly not true when PC is in
> userspace.  That's what I understood to be the major objection to vCont.

The thread bits are the wrong way to do things, but are probably relatively
harmless for now. Expect me to remove them at the first available opportunity.

The 32/64-bit switching is just plain wrong, and makes it absolutely
impossible for a client debugger to work correctly.
If you really can't be bothered fixing gdb (and you *really* should), then it
should be some form of user switch that tells qemu to always report a 32-bit
register set.

Paul