qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Powerpc regressions?

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Powerpc regressions?
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 10:55:35 -0500

On Monday 13 July 2009 07:25:45 Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> This will probably will change again when we are able to get the CD-ROM
> working on the PowerMac IDE controller. The current emulated machine is
> a big hack and uses the fact that the Linux kernel supports different
> hardware than the Apple one. The goal is to emulate a machine as close
> as possible to the original hardware.

Just confirming: juggling the hardware locations around randomly on any given
checkin is ok, so each system image we make is specific to a given qemu version
and only expected to run on that one unless we make a big system with an
initramfs that probes the hardware on each boot to find its root filesystem?

> > If changing my kernel .config so I build a new kernel that works with the
> > new qemu is my only alternative, I'm happy to do that.  But I don't
> > currently have a working kernel .config, and don't understand why the old
> > one broke or how to avoid being hit by similar changes in future.
>
> I am using the Debian kernel and it works fine, please find attached the
> .config attached.

Thanks.  I'll try this out when I get back from my trip to Michigan.

Rob