qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch 2/2] QEMU BOCHS bios patches to use maxcpus valu

From: Jes Sorensen
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch 2/2] QEMU BOCHS bios patches to use maxcpus value.
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 13:21:50 +0200

On 07/14/2009 11:21 AM, Filip Navara wrote:
BTW, many other guests complain when ACPI describes more processors
than actually present in machine. That's why I implemented the dynamic
DSDT generation in Bochs BIOS in the first place. One that comes to
mind is MacOS X, or the Darwin kernel respectively.

Hi Filip,

As Gleb mentioned, this is pretty common behavior on real hardware. Most
of the boards I have here, declare the maximum number of possible CPUs,
even when they are not all active (like if you disable hyper threading).

I like the idea of dynamic declerations, but it's problematic as the
ACPI code gets more complicated.

I'd like to try and find out what broke in Anthony's case.

Cheers,
Jes