qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qdev merge plans?

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qdev merge plans?
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 17:25:20 -0500

Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
  Hi Anthony,

Your queue continues bitrotting. BlueSwirl did more qdev conversions with the result that more fixups are needed to make the tree build again once your queue is pushed ...

For now I did incremental fixups and didn't change the patches you have queued up already. At least for the build failure this isn't ideal though as it leaves a few revisions which don't build which is bad for bisecting.

So what is your plan to handle the mess^H^H^H^Hmerge?

Early in your series, you introduce -device. But -device syntax doesn't seem to be resolved yet.

I don't think it's appropriate to pull in -device this close to the feature freeze when the command line syntax is still being debated. You only countered Paul's suggestions this morning so I don't think there's any indication that this discussion has converged yet.

Quite a lot of your queue consists of things you've only posted as Proof-of-concept series (like qdev/isa).

So let me ask you, what is the set of patches that you think is non-contended, posted as a non-RFC, but not yet merged?

Regards,

Anthony Liguori