qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Inquring about Arm11mpcore

From: Zheng.Wang
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Inquring about Arm11mpcore
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 12:37:35 +0200

Hello all,

I have used qemu-0.10.5 to emulate kernel 2.6.24 on arm11mpcore of realview
platform, after modify the MPCORE_PRIV_BASE to 0x1F000000 in hw/mpcore.c, I can
boot single core CPU0 successfully. However, CPU1,2,3 are failed to boot.

I use GDB command "info threads" to check the reason,  CPU2 and CPU3 halt at
the very beginning at address 0x8000001c, when CPU0 execute 0x00000004(second
instruction). And CPU1 halts some instructions later also at 0x8000001c.

At the point when CPU0 is in smp_prepare_cpus() to trigger other cores by
poke_milo(), CPU1,2,3 keeps halting which lead to the boot failure.

I would like to ask if there is some way to implement WFI(wait for interrupt)
instructions for CPU1,2,3 and if any one has experience in booting other cores
on arm11mpcore.

Best regards,

George