qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [Qemu-commits] [COMMIT e813376] Sparc32: fix fdc io

From: Paul Brook
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [Qemu-commits] [COMMIT e813376] Sparc32: fix fdc io_base
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 15:58:31 +0100

> >      .qdev.props = (Property[]) {
> >          {
> >              .name = "io_base",
> > -            .info = &qdev_prop_uint32,
> > +            .info = &qdev_prop_taddr,
>
> fdc probably shouldn't use target_phys_addr_t and instead should just
> use a uint64_t for io_base.  target_phys is a CPU type, devices
> shouldn't depend on it.

The qdev support for this device is almost completely bogus.  The device code
should not be dealing with the base address at all. It should be handled by a
SysBus MMIO region. fdctrl_init should not be calling fdctrl_init_common.
Instead everything should be done by the qdev init routine (fdctrl_init1).

The mem_mapped property is also fairly suspect. We almost certainly want two
different devices. On SysBus device a MMIO region, and the other an ISA device
(using IO ports) - Note that qdev ISA bus support does not exist yet.

Paul