qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: guestfwd option doesn't allow supplementary , server,

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: guestfwd option doesn't allow supplementary , server, nowait
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 18:41:00 -0500

Jan Kiszka wrote:
The syntax I proposed early for -drive could address this.

-net user,name=foo,guestfwd=tcp:10.0.2.4:6666
-net.foo.guestfwd-arg unix:/some/path,server,nowait

I general yes, but I would rate this particular suggestion as a bad
example for intuitive argument splitting (guestfwd is useless without a
target like unix:/bla).

The throw an error.

-drive name=foo is also useless without a file= option.

 If at all, we would have to push server and
nowait into the additional args. Still, this requires more thoughts.

Yes, the server and nowait options are unfortunate. We should probably introduce mode=client|server and wait=on|off. Best thing to do is completely swizzle the char device syntax. Something like:

-char name=foo,type=unix,unix-path=/some/path,mode=server,wait=off

Then allow a char:<name> url to be used anywhere that takes traditional char device urls.

-net user,guestfwd=tcp:10.0.2.4:6666-char:foo

Jan

Regards,

Anthony Liguori